Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Lesson 14: Adam and Eve were Created in Heavenly Father's Image

As with the past few weeks, we will start the lesson off with the Creation storybook by the Barefoot Teacher found on Teachers Pay Teachers ($1.75), that I introduced in Lesson 8.  I printed out the pages, but didn't bind them in any way.  This way I could pull out the focus page(s) when the story was done and place them on the board.  We will repeat this each week for the Creation lessons until we've completed all of the pages.  Reading the same story each week will create a concrete connection between the lessons and help the children better grasp the process of the Creation.

I didn't have much time to prep this week, so I was very happy that I had some materials I could use, as well as review.

As we reviewed the Creation, we did one activity from each week to remind the children of what we had been learning.  These review activities took about 1/2 of the class time.  (Whew!)  Then, I introduced the story of Adam and Eve.  I already had a board game made from Finch Family on The Garden of Eden.  We did a modified form of the game to discuss the "images" of Adam and Eve, and how they were similar to each other.  Instead of using the body pieces I had for the game (already laminated) though, I printed out and cut out a set for each child, and punched holes in the pieces.  As we gathered each piece, I used brass fasteners to connect them.  The children were able to take these home with them.

We did the black and white posters from Sunday Savers.

(When I have more time, I will go back and add detail about what I would've done had I had more time to prep.  But I was very happy with how it went given the short amount of prep time.  And by selecting activities that the children had enjoyed the past weeks, I think it was a good review lesson, and they enjoyed it and were well behaved.)

No comments:

Post a Comment