Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Lesson 16: I have a Body


(So, this is where I am now.  But I'm really trying to get caught up!  Hopefully I can get back on top and post my planning ideas prior to teaching again.)

The children have been so engaged the past couple of weeks, despite my lack of preparation and not doing lesson selection activities.  I have chosen the activities to do and the order to do them, and they have been so well behaved!  So... I think that I will choose the selection for the time being and see how it goes.

Read through "Days of Creation" one last time, reminding children that we have been learning about the creation.  Briefly discussed everything that God created.  After we finished, I went back to Day 6 and focused for a moment on the creation of Adam and Eve, and showed them the visuals we constructed last week of Adam and Eve.  Then I told them that we are now going to focus on us, and our bodies, and how our bodies are like Adam's and Eve's, and that they reveal many blessings from the Lord.

Song:  "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes"

Picture of baby

Drawing of "I have a body" - focused on each part of the body as mentioned, drew it, and did actions with it.  Did snack right before this, so with face, we focused on goldfish for smell, taste, look, feel.

Body Bingo (Finch Family Games)- different body parts (only for 5 children)

Word of Wisdom matching.

(More details to come...)


No comments:

Post a Comment